Getting guns around Canada

Trapp

So I am on my way to Kodiak in 6 weeks. I don't plan on driving through the states without a gun or 4.

I am stopping in WA before I get on a ferry to Haines. From Haines (AK) I am going to drive to Homer. The only route is through Canada.

Here is the Million Dollhair question: How can I mail my guns to either Kodiak or Homer/Anchorage legally for pick-up on the way through!?!?

You can mail unloaded rifles/shotguns to yourself. Handguns would have to go UPS or Fedex...shipped to yourself is OK per Federal Law...might be tough to get past counter personnel IF you let them know what it inside the box.

Rifles and shotguns can be driven thru Canada..in a locked case, declared and permit purchased at border crossing into Canada. App available on line...NO handguns.

Ferry Service

Is there ferry service from Washington state to Alaska? And will the service allow passage with firearms in a private automobile?

i've done all the research on transporting through canada and have decided I won't give them my money. I just need to figure out how to mail them to myself if I don't have an address. I know my work won't accept shipment and I won't have a house until aftyer I get there.

maybe mail them to a gun shop so I can pick them up on my way through anchorage??? (Ken?!)

OK.........

I really can't believe I didn't get the help I needed :eek::confused:

For future reference (after a lot of research!!!) I found a quite obvious and simple solution.

Air freight! Alaska (airlines) air cargo or Northern Air Cargo, or a few other small operations.
For around 60 cents to $1 a lb I can have it air shipped without out dealing with Canadian gun laws!!!!

Back