Getting gun grime stains out of your clothes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug.38PR

While shooting a few weeks ago, my 1911 got too dry and started jamming. The gunsmith did me the favor of spraying oil into it. Afterwards I went back to the range, raised the gun with both ands, fired away. I was wearing a long sleeved white shirt. The slide flying back and forth sprinkled oily burned powder on my sleeves. I just had it washed. It didn't come out.

As I'm sure I'm not the only one to encounter this from time to time, what can you use to get that off your clothes?
Thank you.

whew i had to re-read your post title about 4 time befoer i understood it to say gun grime no gun crime. well my wife has had to deal with this and has found that soaking the stain in baking soda solution (baking soda and some water) for a couple hours works well. so does a stain stick but thats a little more pricey.:cool:

It is simple BEFORE you wash, AFTER you wash, you have "set" the stains. Apply Stanley Heavy Duty Degreaser to the stains and wash in COLD water. I used to wear white uniform shirts. I sprayed Tilex on stains and then washed the shirts in COLD water also. A vinegar soak can help with some stains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back