Get ready for the book burnings

chink

I can see it now, In light of Colombine, that guy in Chicago, and yesterdays shooting in LA at the Jewish community center. Minority groups are going to start calling for bans on "hate" literature.
Don't get me wrong. hate is bad. White Supermacy, Black Supermacy, whatever supermacy to an extreme is evil. but "hate" literature and its avaibablity is neccessary if we ever want true racial harmony. It lets the hated group get into the minds of those who hate them and can eventually lead to dialouge and understand.

Ok i'm ready to get burned

------------------
It ain't mah fault. did I do dat?

No flames, here, bro. First ammendment aside, it's important for these folks to get it out in the open for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is to establish a dialog, as you pointed out.

It is also important for them to identify themselves so that we may know them for what they are. They should frely experience the public response to their drivel, so that they have no basis (beyond self delusion) to think that what they preach is acceptable. No one is denying anyone their opinions or prejudices, just don't expect acceptance and validation of crap that denies anyone else their basic humanity. It seems pretty silly to me to take 'pride' in the accident of birth. We all bleed red, we are all children of God.

And nothing is better for mildew than fresh air and sunshine.
M2

[This message has been edited by Mike in VA (edited August 11, 1999).]

Back