German PPK/S vs. Interarms PPK/S

2kiddad

The Walther PPK/S seems like one of those pistols everybody should own at some time or another. Sort of like a 1911.

I've got an itch to get one. I've been reading the various threads about these things, and from what I can tell, the German PPK/S's are the ones to get. The problem is price. The German guns seem to run at least $150 or more than the Interarms guns. And that's for a used German vs. new Interarms gun.

Which do I get? A used German gun or a new Interarms gun and use the difference to have a fluff and buff done? Axiousley awaiting opinions.

Thanks.

Hello. The German/French-made PPK pistols are generally acknowledged to work much more reliably than the American-made stainless guns. I've owned both and such was my experience. Still, I have a buddy who bought a stainless PPK and had no problems. Were I buying one of these, particularly if for self-defense, I'd go with the German gun. Best.

I don't believe ther is such a thing as a German made PPK/s. Thats a purely American animal.

Hello. No, the PPK/S was created such that it could be imported as it would have the "points" required by BATF. The PPK was too small and therefore "evil." PPK/S pistols were imported. Used to own a blued one that worked flawlessly. Best.

Buy German. There's no amount of fluffing and buffing that can fix the cheap cast parts prone to breakage (principally the extractor) found in at least some of the Interarms pistols. TFL posts seem to run abt 50-50 pro and con on US Walthers re a broken parts experience, and there's no telling what yours might be. My wife is surely not the only one to trade in a Walther with a couple hundred rounds worth of wear on all parts, except the brand new extractor.

German model hands down the best, don't even consider the American, their junk. Their cast parts do not hold up. You can wait for S&W to start making them due out sometime in the fall I here all forged parts much better gun they will be made in Maine.

Keeping with the Walthers (USA), my wife has one and the rear sight is loose...can be pushed free of the pistol....any thoughts/ideas/solutions as how best to keep the sight in place?

PS. Where or who has good mags...she wants more than one :)

Been there, done that...

I've owned both the German and Americam made PPK/S's and can wholeheartedly say the Americam made ones (I owner 2) were near junk. Both of them went back to Interarms twice with no solution.

When I moved on to a German made PPK/S, the problems were gone. It was flawless until the day I sold it (shouldn't have done it, shouldn't have done it...).

CMOS

The PP's that were recently on the market (seem to be all gone now) for around $250 are Ulm guns from surplus police sales. Mine is brand new, unfired, with the box, target and (English) papers.

Jim

You gotta be kidding BB,
The PPK and the PP family of pistoles were made
by Walther in Germany.

Interarms PPK's are JUNK
German/French are the real deal..
Good luck finding one new and the used ones can
be quite expensive.

I have a few German PPK's in .22lr and they
are an absolute JOY to shoot..
Earl in New England has several German/French
PP family of pistoles,
I don't have the website after my computer crashed
but you can phone if your are serious.
978-851-2656 ET

consider another...

if you aren't already set on the PPK/S, might i recommend that you consider either a PPK or a PP. the PP has the full size grip frame and barrel that was originally designed for holster carry by law enforcement. i've had one , in .22lr, for years. it's more fun than my ruger and just as reliable. :D

the PPK is more concealable, made famous by ian fleming's bond, with a shorter slide/barrel and shortened and skeletonized frame. i handled a friend's in .32...very nice, a joy to carry. the american SS PPK's can be finicky

to my mind, the PPK/S is the worst of both worlds...short sight radius combined with more difficult concealment. i had one for 2 years and sold it when i got my P7 :cool:

Back