German 8mm Mauser Sniper Rifle

faikius

Inactive
A friend of mine has an 8mm German Mauser rifle. According to him, his grandfather took it off of a dead German sniper. It does not have the original stock. What would something like this be worth? What, if any markings or other identifying marks could I look for? He did mention that is was a left handed pull....

If it turns out to be the real deal, pretty serious money even without the original stock. I am assuming that it has the scope and all that. Obviously the more stuff missing, the less it would be worth and if it is proven to be a fake, about $100-$150.

Thanks for the info. I am fairly sure it's the real deal. I have spoken with the guy and his grandfather, and have known this guy for awhile. I'm not sure if the scope is original or not...Have to ask. The only markings I've seen on the gun are on the receiver. There is what appears to be a small bird symbol with the numbers "359" below. In larger number below that it reads "9556". While i'm thinking about it, where would be a good place to have something like this authinticated?

"He did mention that is was a left handed pull...."

Could be that the left hand pull is actuating lever on G 41 or G 43 semiautomatic rifle....??????????????

G 41s seem to go for a couple grand without bein sniper rifles.

Don't do anything rash till you have researched it thoroughly sir.

Sam

OK, I looked more closely at the rifle and C.R. Sam appears to be right. It is a semi-automatic rifle...From pictures i found on the net, it looks to be a G43...Any way to verify?

Last edited:
Back