Georgia CC Legality Question

Shipman515

Hey y'all,

To those of you who know the Georgia carry laws better than I, I had a question. On many nights I work in a restaurant from 10:30pm to 4am, alone (except for a cook in the back). I haven't been carrying there because I wasn't sure about the legality. Is there anything that should prevent me from carrying? I'd feel much better about being alone in a restaurant if I were able to carry my LCP or Smith J frame. I don't know why I hadn't looked into it sooner, but for some reason I just felt that I shouldn't carry.

Get a Georgia firearms license. Just apply at your county Probate court.

Theoretically, you can carry in your place of work without one, provided that it's authorized by the owner. However, it's a good idea to have the license, anyhow. You never know when you'll need to carry a sidearm elsewhere.

Doesn't it need to be authorized by the business owner regardless of whether or not you have a CCW permit? Or are there some states where private business owners *have* to allow permit holders carry concealed to on their premises?

Yeah I have a permit. My question was more geared toward whether I needed to request permission from my employer. Sorry for not clarifying. So what is the verdict? Do I need permission or not?

cbm1948 is right the Georgia laws will confuse you.

It looks like you can carry in a Restaurant as long as it is not a bar and as long as you do not drink alcohol with a carry permit. You can carry in your place of business without a permit, but one would assume, that would require that you are doing so with permission of the owner or management, but it is not explicitly stated as far as I could see, but the laws of Georgia are not very clear.

So you have two options ask permission and carry with the owners blessing, or don't ask-don't tell.

Back