Georgia Arms Ammo

Ron S

I've heard good things about their ammo both from here and other boards. I must say that after trying some out today in both my guns,
G17 and USP .40 Compact, I'm very happy with it. Excellent quality and at a very fair price - FMJ HP's for less than I pay for ball rounds in town. I'll definently be ordering more.

Just received 1,000 230 grain .45 HP's; 1,000 230 gr .45 reloads; and 500 150 gr .308's.

I've fired about 5,000 rounds of GA's 45, 40S&W and 10mm and I'm more than comfortable using their new ammo in a PDW.
Rich

Rich got me to give them more than an occassional try last year. Now I am a habitual user.. the stuff is great and the price is perfect...

Yes, they have a website http://www.georgia-arms.com/
They have ammo available that is not on the website. I bought a case of 10mm Gold Dot +P from them. Great stuff!

I have been a proponet of their .40 S&W for some time. At $160 per 1000; $8.00 per box of 50, for the Canned Heat, a real bargan. The Canned Heat is reload, but I feel a very high quality re-load. Their .45 seems to be a bit high at $200 per 1000; $10 a box of 50. I just ordered some NEW Sellier & Bellot from Cheaper Than Dirt at about $8.50 a box. I have had some feeding problems in the Kimber Poly. I can't say this is due to the G-A 230grn FMJ . But I wanted to try something different just to see.

------------------
Bubba
IDPA# A04739

I'll try Georgia Arms. While we're on the subject, can anyone recommend good sources for Speer (found it on Georgia Arms, but pricy - any other good sources?), Winchester, and Black Hills ammo as well? Thanks. (web site addresses are very helpful)

[This message has been edited by Jeff Thomas (edited March 16, 1999).]

In my 9 iron, the 115 JHP+P and the 124 JHP+P "Shear Power Plus" factory loads shot very well. They were totally reliable, grouped well for a defence round and shot as clean as any other factory ammo I' ve tried. They were reasonably priced as well. Both used the Gold Dot heads. But as far as a track record...

L8r,
Nakano

------------------
"To earn a million is easy, a real friend is not."

I use their lead bullets in .357 & .45. Some of the bullets aren't as pretty as I would like, but they shoot fine, and the price is definately right. Haven't tried the loaded ammo, but have read good things about it in the mags. My son lives near there, so when I visit him I load up on powder, primers, bullets, etc and save a bundle on shipping & haz mat charges. Very nice folks over there also. Their showroom walls are covered with outrageous anti-Clinton bumper stickers and posters. Lots of laughs.

Back