George, please read

Dave AA

I'm looking for a professional opinion, what do you think about the Kimber custom models? I'm looking into a stainless Kimber custom, but I'm worried about reliabilty.

Dave, I can't offer one. According to everything I've read about them they are the greatest thing since butt ribbon. I've never fired one. I have noticed that since the company first began making them the quality control has fallen off a little. I see more folks complaining of nuisance things. They gave away the first 100 pistols to gun writers and other folks. I know the guy that owns serial #101 and his shoots 2' low and 1' left at 25 yds. I always thought that was kind of funny. Most folks swear by them. George

I think their QC has suffered a lot. People early on swore by them but today a lot are swearing at them.

I saw two different Kimbers, on two separate days, that would not feed even one full magazine of GI ball. I consider that ammo to be the bottom line for a .45 pistol. I talked to one guy and he had tried several different magazines. Incredibly, he said that Kimber had told him to buy Wilson magazines! Some faith in the product!

Jim

Back