Genuine Mini-14 PMI Magazines or Counterfeit Junk?

I've got a Ruger Mini-14 and just bought a couple of PMI 30 round magazines.

They came sealed in the PMI packaging and appear to be the real thing. There are no names or numbers stamped anywhere on the mags.

Are PMI Hi Cap Mags stamped with the company name?

And if not just how in the heck can you tell if they are genuine PMI Mags and not just some aftermarket imports tossed into a bogus plastic display package thats printed up as a PMI package?

How can a PMI Mag be identified so you know you're not getting a Counterfeit piece of junk?

Also, anybody know if the Precision Mag Industries company is still around? I spotted somewhere on the internet a site where someone was selling 10 round PMI magazines --- didn't know they made 10 rounders.

Thanks, Slim

All my PMI are unmarked. They look better made and more solid than the cheap junk USA. The locking tab is a welded on tab rather than the pressed indentation in the cheapies.

I have five PMI 30 round mags. As noted above, they are unmarked. As how to distinguish the real deal from fakes, I don't know if I can help you -- I got mine from Ammoman.com. He's a reputable dealer so I'm virtually assured that they're the real thing.

Justin

If you have any 20 or 30 round Ruger factory magazines, compare them to the PMI. The only difference we could find is that the Ruger mags are marked with the squawking Ruger pigeon (kidding about that you Ruger diehards) and the PMIs aren't.

Back