Gentex Wolf Ears ??

It appears to be at:
http://www.derry.gentexcorp.com/
(select "hearing protection" in the left-hand column.

However, I'd recommend you check Dillon's HP1 Hearing Protectors ($135) at:
http://www.dillonprecision.com/template/p.cfm?maj=7&min=0&dyn=1&

I like the Dillons because they never completely shut off. Even if people are firing right next to me, I can still hear range commands or talk with my students.

[This message has been edited by Dennis (edited September 05, 2000).]

Dennis, the Wolf Ears don't fully shut off either. They also have a "search mode" that amplifies small sounds while still reducing loud noises (at the cost of battery life).

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dennis:

I'd recommend you check Dillon's HP1 Hearing Protectors ($135)
[/quote]

Dennis:
How do the HP1 Hearing Protectors work for shooting trap or skeet? Are they thin or tapered near the bottom?

------------------
NRA Life Member
Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners(MCRGO)

Dennis,
Thanks, and I am checking the dillons also. I do want a behind the head band as I wear a hat for sun protection. I know the behind the head models don't have the protection of the others. I just trade less hearing protection for more melanoma protection. Regards, Jerry

StraightShot: just looking at the picture, it appears the HP1 have a slight taper at the bottom.

If you follow the link, at the bottom of that page are the Tac-6S which are designed for outdoor rifle and shotgun shooting. They are very slim and lightweight. These are pretty much identical to the Peltor Tactical 6 which Midway has for $136.

Oy! Sorry to take so long to get back here. :o

I don't shoot trap or skeet and don't know the first thing about it.

But I have no trouble shooting my .22 rifles, my .30-06s or my friend's M1A, etc.

The Dillons are a bit thicker at the bottom than at the top! (Looks upside down to me - but seems to work!) But there IS sort of a "dent" across the bottom.

If I'm shooting with friends, I put the microphones in front. If I must hear range commands, I put the microphones in back. I don't really know if it makes a difference - just "seems" like the right thing to do. :)
-----

Steve,
Thanks for the info about Wolf Ears' search mode. I didn't know that!

[This message has been edited by Dennis (edited September 15, 2000).]

Back