• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

General forum, or something less topicized.

ShadedDude

I think it may be good to have a general forum where you can talk about anything...you dont have to talk about JUST handguns, or JUST rifles, but are open and free to talk about whatever.

Thats my suggestion for the month

SD-
We keep waffling on this subject, though we're not opposed. You can help us out by providing one or two sample posts that don't fit withing the other Forums.
Thanks for the suggestion. We look forward to your input.
Rich

I think you already found my post...and honestly I dont have a problem with it...
just happened that there was a complaint posted so being a nice guy I made the suggestion that would eliviate the problem.
I do however think a general forum is a nice thing. Its more of a gathering place for any and everyone, not so formal.

just my $.02

SD-
One General Forum coming up! Give us 'till the end of this week...beginning of next. We hope to have a few other surprises for you, too!
Rich

You already have a GENERAL forum... down at the Coffe Urn... I would just place it up above HANDGUNS and rewrite the header a little... putting the word "general" in front of the sentence.

Keep up the good work. This place is the best on the internet.
I had an email from my home page link that read "guns... icky" I sent them a direct link button e mail. The next day I go an email back saying "You guys are all so serious..." and then explained how she was sorry for jumping to conclusions. Interesting, I wonder what she read here.

Good changes afoot. We don't expect DC to continue holding court around the coffee urn for long.

As the homepage indicates, we're still building facilities. Hope to get DC and the General Forum into a new facility in the next few days. After that, you guys are just going to have to provide your own coffee!

A couple of other pleasant surprises for our Members are in the works, too.
Rich

Rich,

FWIW, the CIS Firearms Forum has long had a section called "The Armory" for general, non-firearm-related chitchat. It seems to have worked out well there; there's undoubtedly a need for it here.

Regards,

----Mac

Rich, dont let them change things too much!
This is the best foum I have been on - tastes great and less filling.

Back