• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

General forum has a corrupted post!

Ya know, I can be on this computer 24 hours straight for a week. As soon as I leave for a few hours or a day, that's when the SHTF. It's really starting to annoy me.

I apologize for the inconvenience. It's the same Member that keeps bringing the system down with posts of local news articles. Last time, I didn't even get the courtesy of an email reply. :(

Right about now....well, forget what I was gonna say. But this is really getting tiresome, ya know?
Rich

Hang in there Rich. We know it is a pain but we do appreciate your work.

------------------
Gunslinger

I was promised a Shortycicle and I want a Shortycicle!

Amen to what Gunslinger said ;)

------------------
We preserve our freedoms by using four boxes: soap,ballot,jury, and cartridge.
Anonymous

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger smoney. It isn't showing up on anyone's system right now. But Rich is kicking butt, takin' names and workin' on it.

In the mean time you may call me Tonto is you would like. :cool:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rich Lucibella:
Ya know, I can be on this computer 24 hours straight for a week. As soon as I leave for a few hours or a day, that's when the SHTF. It's really starting to annoy me.

I apologize for the inconvenience. It's the same Member that keeps bringing the system down with posts of local news articles. Last time, I didn't even get the courtesy of an email reply. :(

Right about now....well, forget what I was gonna say. But this is really getting tiresome, ya know?
Rich
[/quote]

Rich,

I want to add my words of thanks to this post. This is by far the best firearms forum and you are to be congratulated for keeping it going.

Thanks.

Frosty

You moderators/adminisrrators do a great job! Hang in there. I love this site, and computer illiterates like me need you. If it doesn't run on diesel, or float, I need help. Thanks again. Ray

I don't understand. How does a post get corrupted? Through an intential sabotage act? Or by accident? Punishment deserved? Punishment metered out? Anything any of us can do to help avoid this in the future?

Thanks for all the work, Rich. Can anyone answer my questions so Rich doesn't have to? Thank you.

------------------
What can YOU do? Take a kid shooting, join NRA & GOA, and VOTE!
-Danny Stoner, NRA Life, GOA, SAF, ORA, OKCGC

Any chances this might be a FUD file? :)

I appreciate Rich's work, and if time allows, I'll volunteer to help
administer this. I know quite enough about Unix. I suspect installing
and maintaining two dozen Solaris machines and an assortment of Linux,
NT and similar stuff qualifies somewhat.

And I even know perl quite decently.

Now that somebody's mentioned (although, I'm sure in jest), was it one of my posts? I posted some 'cut' & 'paste' stuff in both Legal & General from KeepAndBearArms recently -- although I didn't get any messages from anyone on TFL about my posts causing a problem. Of course, if it was me and I didn't get the e-mail, then that might explain why Rich never received a response back.

If it was a FUD File causing a problem ... it wasn't done intentionally -- I like hanging out here and miss the place when it's down :(

At ease, FUD. It wasn't you or one of your files or one of someone elses FUD-alike files. Rich has a handle on who is the (innocent?) culprit and will handle it in an appropriate manner.

All is well. There's a bug in the UBB system that allows one posts to create two entries in the index. The result is that the system goes into orbit trying to "resolve" the location of the second post.

The problem has been created innocently by one Member who has the habit of posting in a certain manner...a manner that UBB should be able to handle. He understands the problem and promises to change his rotines for posting.
Rich

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gunslinger:
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger smoney. It isn't showing up on anyone's system right now. But Rich is kicking butt, takin' names and workin' on it.

In the mean time you may call me Tonto is you would like. :cool:
[/quote]

Hey Tonto! Make me some Tandori Chicken, would you?

Huh?

What do you MEAN your not that kind of Indian??? :)

------------------
Beware the man with the S&W .357 Mag.
Chances are he knows how to use it.

Back