gemtech blackside

REDCELL

has anyone bought one of these. how well do they suppress the sound.
i'm getting it for my hk tactical 45.

this one one seems to be on the cheaper end of the scale. why is knights almost 3x the price.

also a .45 is a better cartridge to start with because of the lower fps speed right?

blackside

Personally I have never shot a suppressed 45. I have herd they are louder than you would think. I have a suppressed Beretta 9mm with the Gemtech Trinity. I use 147 gr round nose bullets 4.4 gr Vihtavuori powder it sounds nice and quiet. I think you would be happy starting out with the 9mm. I would like to get a blackside though. There was just a resent thread about the 9 vs 45 I think will help you.

.45's are not the easiest to suppress. They have a lot of case volume, create a lot of gas and have a big diameter hole in the middle of the suppressor. All of these things add up to a noisy can. They do suppress the report to a level much below that of a non-suppressed weapon, but are far from being the quietest caliber to suppress. If it is an option, you may want to look into suppressing a 9mm for *really quiet* shooting.

I think this video from MDW guns does a good job representing how loud a suppressed .45 can be - you can hear the echo pretty good. A far cry from unsuppressed, but I doubt anyone would argue that it is whisper quiet.

I have herd they are louder than you would think.

They are indeed. I have a Gemtech SOS-45 on a 1911 and it is louder than I'd like but is still pretty neat. Outside not bad. Inside - loud.

45-SOS.jpg

does anyone know of any sound bites/video of suppressed handguns. i'm only going what i've seen in movies and tv and i'm sure not only is it exaggerated but ot even the sound of that gun

The new Blackside is quite a bit less loud then the SOS-45 I made this video with.
I will soon make a new video.
I have to say soon, because the first Blackside was bought before I could film it!

Back