Gear, where, and can you make?

USP45usp

To the holster and belt makers out there, I need help. (edited to add: Not sure if this is the right forum to put this).

I need:

1) A good stiff belt for holding up about 38oz of gun. I thought I had a good belt, it didn't fare well today. I don't know what happened but it just "lost" it's hold on the gun weight and buckled. Yet I am not rich so I need something within $$ reason.

2) A good "upright" holster. I can't deal with the "fbi cant" or such, it doesn't feel right to me on the draw. I do better with an uncle mikes nylon but we all know that they aren't the best in the world for carry.

To give more information: I carry either a full sized USP .45 or a 4.5 full framed Kimber Pro-Carry on a daily basis. I am 6' tall and around 151lbs now, losing weight like it was going out of style, don't know why, just am. Since I am no longer "full figured" like I used to be, my hips (and bones) have been sensitive to the weight, as well as the pressure of the gun.

Using another gun for carry is out of the question. I got up and have used the .45's as my main carry and I refuse to go to another just because (I have a Tomcat .32 w/holster and others but I like my .45's on my hip).

I will probably lose even more weight as I grow older. Found out yesterday that my body thinks that I don't feed it enough and has gotten to the point that it is eating any and all muscle building materials so therefore I don't gain weight and can't build muscle mass.

Then again, if it reverses itself (which the disease has been known to do) I could be on line asking what rig I should have to fit a 400lb man and if anyone can make a belt for that.

Wayne

Weight loss and you don't know why?

I don't mean to pry into your private business, but sudden weight loss with unknown causes can be very serious. I'd see a doctor.

Take care.

PS. I have lost 91 lbs so far on purpose because they started calling me a diabetic. I can't tell you how many amputated legs I carried to a pathology lab when I was in college taken from folks with diabetes. If you don't take care of stuff like that, it can be a long, miserable way to go. If I speak out of turn, forgive me.

20cows,

I forgot the name of the problem. What it happening is that my body is "leeching" the proteins from muscle mass, etc.. It's not storing up any fats. It's not serious in a medical veiw, doctor didn't seem to worried about it, just told me that it was akin to a super duper fast metabilism. I eat like food is going out of style but only one to two meals aday which the doc said isn't good to do. That the thing 'should' go back to normal in my lifetime but had to be careful that it didn't reverse itself and become a super duper slow metabilism. "Disease" was the wrong word to use, since it mostly a metab. thing. The "I don't know why" comes from the words of the Doc of why my body started going "1000mph" when it comes to burning "fuels".

Thanks all for the links. Yorec, I'll get back to you on that. At work right now and am doing "hit and runs" reading the board :D.

Wayne

Hey USP,

We make 11 oz(really heavy duty in otherwords) belts, nothing fancy, just creased and dyed whatever color your interested in. If your interested, they are $20, but I am not sure of shipping(never shipped), heck, Eugene ain't far :D

Back