Gaston Glock is getting up there.

Recoil spring

The founder of Glock, Gaston Glock is almost 90 years old, read once that he uses a swimming pool every day to stay in shape. Wondering if he will retire or if he should die what the company might turn into as entrepreneurial people tend to have strong control over "their baby".

I remember how Ruger changed after Willima B. Ruger died, and he was in his mid-80's with health problems. And how Colt changed after Sam died too.

Anyone have any info on what might happen should he pass away with his pistol designs, maybe a Glock revolver or rifle?

He has not been much involved in running the company for years, I doubt much will change.
Denis

"his baby"
"his pistol designs"

Except for the fact that he didn't design the Glock......Oops

He was in no shape or form a firearms designer, rather he had an existing business relationship with the Austrian government and knew how to manufacture things, especially out of plastic. The basic design criteria had already been set by their military, and Mr Glock hired actual firearms designers who all contributed to the design as a team.

The primary designer was actually Wilhelm Bubits, who went on to design the Steyr M series, the Steyr A1 series, the Caracal, Etc. He also has numerous patents and a heavy hand in a number of other pistols designs made by Walther, FN, Etc. He hired himself out to many companies over many decades.

Further still, the Glock was not the first polymer pistol, not the first striker fired pistol, nor the first polymer striker fired pistol.

Cue the exploding heads in 3... 2... 1... KABOOM!
:)

I would love to see some crazy glock stuff come out. I thoroughly enjoy seeing manufacturers step out of their normal boundaries, even if the ideas flop.

If you like Glocks I suggest you get the book "Glock, rise of Americas gun" or something close to that. The story behind how G. Glock got his gun in the hands of so many American PD's is great.

If yo know how Sam Colt and Anthony Fokker wined and dined customers to get government contracts you will be amazed what Gaston Glock did to get his gun bought. And it worked. Big time.

Back