Garand

Hardcase

Happy birthday to me! And only one day late. Thanks, CMP!

garand_1.jpg

garand_2.jpg

It's a service grade Springfield. Well, it's a Springfield receiver (1943), barrel (1949) and 1950s-era stock. The rest of it is a mix of HRA, WRA and IHC. And it only took 44 days!

That's a really nice Garand, I've been itching for one for a while and have a fund set aside for it. I just need to get my act together and come up with the rest of the cash for it so I can place my order. This will most likely be my next purchase unless something else comes down the line that's just too good a deal to pass up (funny how that happens). Congratulations and a belated happy birthday.

Stu

Some day I will have one of those. Always wanted one but bought an M1 Carbine in stead. I should sell teh M1 and put that money towards a Garand.

I kept putting it off, but after they ran out of 1903s and carbines, I figured that it won't be too long before they're out of Garands, so I finally did it. I think that I had the paperwork sitting on my desk for a month or so before I finally got it notarized. I'm a terrible procrastinator.

Rough water, I'd hang onto that carbine and save up for the Garand. As my buddy Mike always tells me, "Guns are for keeping, not for selling."

Just got the reluctant OK for mine...

Owning up to a mid-life crises has really worked out for me. Guns are way less expensive than sports cars and much safer than waitresses.

I've heard that the Greek ammo the CMP sells is good stuff. I'm buying a bunch and will have lots of brass to reload. So, yay.

Really. Really. Really wish i had one,,,,i am jelling big time....very beutiful piece of American war history.....you are a lucky person

Back