Garand "Scout" scope mounting

Eric1

Inactive
Has anyone ever mounted a scope on a Garand in a "scout" configuration using a mount such as the Ching Ring or the Ashley/Clifton? I realize that the bottom of the mount would have to be relieved to allow the op-rod movement, and the rear hand guard would have to be modified or removed. I have never seen this done, which makes me think that here may be more to it than I think. I don't want to start chopping up my Garand if I am not sure it is going to work.

It was mentioned in a previous post that the M1D mounted the scope ahead of the reciever, but all that I have ever seen have all been offset to the side. I am a left handed shooter, and these just to not work very well for me.

The hardware necessary to mount a scout scope on a Garand wouldn't differ much, if at all, from that required to mount one on an M1A. Springfield Armory offers their "bush" M1A so equipped. You might want to check with them.

There's also a 'smith named Don Johnson (no, not the Miami Vice guy) who does scout scope on tanker Garands. The URL I have for him no longer works. If you're interested, firearm trainer John Farnam can probably provide you with contact info (farnam's e-mail is jsfarnam@aol.com)

Another fellow who might be able to mount that scope is...

Medesha Firearms
10326 Adobe Rd.
Apache Junction, Az 85220
602-986-5876
Attn: Scott Medesha

Rosco

Back