Gander "Outdoors"

Prof Young

Was in Kentucky yesterday and ran across Gander Outdoors. Seems The Good Sam Club (Not to be confused with Sams Club) and Camping World bought out Gander Mountain and "rebranded." Anyway, the pistol prices are far better than they used to be at Gander Mountain. Plain Jane Sig P238 for well below $600. Might just work.

I was at the one in Paducah. Guy there told me there will be one in O'Fallon IL too, which is good news as that is closer to home.

Life is good.

Prof Young

The one near my house is 1000X better than the old Gander Mountain. Join the Good Sams club and get 5% additional off everything in the store including guns, ammo and reloading stuff. Powder is at Midway pricing or less.

I wonder if they will honor Gander Mountain gift cards.

Uh, this question has nothing to do with my recent effort to clean out my desk. Really. :o

I went to Ocala in February to see my fiancé... one right off I-75. Wasn’t open. Right next to Northern.

Drove by it today, as I’m back down to drive back with her... and says it is now open. While I’m interested, have better crap to do now.

Good to hear. I remember when the "big sales" were happening during Gander Mountain's last strained breaths, and the guns finally got down to MSRP. :)

O' Fallon IL Store ?????

Tim:
Ran by the old Gander Mountain sight in OFallon IL today and it's still an empty store. Did they open the Gander Outdoors at a different location?

Life is good.
Prof Young

I've been in the Gander Outdoors several times in Janesville WI, stocked full of guns with decent to good prices. Also had several Aero AR uppers, lowers and handrails.

I really liked Gander Mountain when it first opened. It had a nice archery range. A good assortment of used rifles which were very reasonably priced. Used rifles were kept in racks accessible by customers. All that changed, went away, and prices went way up. Almost over night, it was like some idiot bought the chain and decided to make it a high-priced, low quality, unfriendly place to go.

We had a Gander Mountain close in our neck of the woods. Several local articles claimed it would open in April this year as a Gander Outdoors. I believe I read it on their site also. Drove there yesterday (5/5/18) to check the place out. The building had been nicely re-faced and a new Gander Outdoor sign on the building, but they still have not opened.

Gander Mountain the last couple of years before closing was expensive here. I'll give a first impression on the new store in this thread, if it's still open after my first visit.

I went to Ocala in February to see my fiancé... one right off I-75. Wasn’t open. Right next to Northern.

Drove by it today, as I’m back down to drive back with her... and says it is now open. While I’m interested, have better crap to do now.

Seeing how you are from NJ, you might want to stop in and load up on ammo, powder, etc. Good prices.

One reopened at a GO here in Amarillo a couple of months ago. I've made it by there once so far. And yup- their firearm prices are quite a bit cheaper than the old GM. If it wasn't the "enemy" I would probably stop by more often (my daughter works for Academy).

The Store by me finally opened. It was very organized and had a better thought out floor plan in my opinion. Prices seemed much better than the old Gander Mountain. I viewed the gun counter and saw a P365 in the case. Clerk told me they got six in and have sold all but one in back and one in the case in just 4 days. I said, I better take it before it's gone.

The whole buying process took much longer than usual. Had to fill out the form on an I pad now. Clerk had trouble getting the computer to do what he needed and I must have been there 45 minutes while he asked at least 4 people what to do and they didn't know either. Wife wasn't happy.
All in all he got it figured out and I was happy with my new Sig P365.

Fire arms were very well stocked. I hope this store ends up being an asset and welcomed addition to the area, and not just a source to avoided like its predecessor.

Was under the impression that they weren't even going to be selling firearms anymore. May have to go check them out soon then. Didn't shed a tear when they closed, prices were WAY too high. Asking $500 for a Ruger American in 308. Store right across the street had the same exact model for $375.

Back