Galco holsters...Good? Bad?

I own two galco holsters. Both are the Galco Scout IWB model. One is for my Glock 26, and the other is for my compact semi auto 45 acp.
I've found them to be reasonably comfortable,
although I'm considering having a holster custom made. Galco now makes their holsters with a J hook. I prefer their older model which is the standard belt clip. I believe I paid something like $36.00 or $38.00 for them.

Daddycat

------------------

Extremely good. Expensive. Galco is able to buy THE BEST available raw leather product due to volme.

I use a Galco Yaqui Slide for my M20 Glock, and I regularly carry my 1911 in a horsehide Royal Guard.

All my other leather holsters are from Milt Sparks.

------------------
"All my ammo is factory ammo"

I have a Galco Jackass shoulder rig for my SIG 239 and 228/226. Very well made, comfortable, and just plain disappears under a jacket, vest or sport coat. I've had it about 8-9 months, little sign of wear. $110 on sale, I tihnk I got good value.

I also have a BS-2 from Mark the Holster Guy for my 228 and a pocket holster for the Tomcat. The BS-2 very well made and comfortable, holds the gun high and tight. The pocket holster fits well and does its job, but could do with a thicker hook.Check him out at http://www.gunsandgold.com/. Good luck, M2

Excellent quality. Like every holster maker, they have some holster designs that are better for a particular carry mode or person's build than others.

I have several Galco holsters. My favorite is the Concealable pancake style holster. It does a great job of carrying my 1991A1 Compact and my XS Commander.

They are a bit on the pricey side of the scale for some models but they are not the most expensive out there.

I have a IWB for my Glock 26. Make sure
that the J hook is the new one that goes
behind the belt and curves up.

The old one that goes over the belt, always
unhooked when I sat down.

I have had and do have a few of the holsters from Galco Inc. The current favorite is a horsehide Royal Guard that my Glock 23 is sitting in behind my right hip. The only holster that I use for IWB besides the Royal Guard is a Blade-Tech. I love how horsehide doesn't change shape. I tried a Kramer and didn't like it as much as my Galco I wish that they made one for my Glock 35 if they did I would carry it for CCW.

Sorry for the rant.

Mike

------------------
Be safe and stay in the Black

My carry holster is the Galco CCP (concealed carry paddle) wich you can adjust for your preferred carry, for my Glock 22. Very nice quality, and confortable (it better be, I paid almost $90!)

Cowboy

Greetings, I own a Galco belt slide that my
Glock 27 fit's very comfortably in. :cool:

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Let's see, I've got 3 Concealables in the 3 1911 sizes, a Miami Classic with different harnesses and holsters, an SOB, a Fletch for my S&W 66, a couple of their mag pouches and a couple of their belts. I like Galco stuff, wear it every day.

****canned my Galco "copy" after it wore out after one years use. Only leather I'll carry with now is Extraordinary Gunleather by Mitch Rosen.

I've carried using one of his ARGs, on two of his belts (one with tappered ends for dress, one untappered) with one of his Mag/Flashlight holders on my weakside for 4+ years. The equipment still looks and functions like new.

The following holds true IMO about gunleather... You get what you pay for.

------------------
Schmit, GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

[This message has been edited by David Schmidbauer (edited January 09, 2000).]

I have an old Avenger model 212 and a newer SOB for my .45acp. The Avenger is my favorite belt slide. Alot thicker leather was used and the quality seems much higher on it than on my SOB. I also have Rosen ARG for my CCO. Belt and holster(iwb). It is without a doubt the epitome of holster making. I made kind of mistake and got the 1.25" horsehide belt and the ARG made for it.
Maybe would have liked it better if I had gotten the 1.5" instead. Also if you go the Rosen route be sure to use his leather lightning before putting your gun in it. It is really embarrassing when you get a new holster and just stick your gun in it and then find you can get the thing out for love nor money. Mine is right around 6 yrs old. Still looks new. For everyday carry I prefer the Alessi Talon. Mine is about the same age as the Rosen and still in nice shape. The talon clip is tight on the pants and doesn't move(period). Also he uses a nice thin leather that is molded to the gun so it conceals really nice. Even under an untucked golf shirt. Keep'em sharp

I have a Galco Phoenix, which is very nice, but Alessi and Sparks give you more for the money. The Mitch Rosen I have (5JR?) is exquisite, but so is the price. If turn-around is important, Alessi was quickest by far for me. Some Galco models can now be bought right off the rack.

If you're looking for belts, they are all excellent, but the Rosen tapered version makes the classiest dress belt you can find. Good luck.

Back