Galco For Glocks?

GunFool

Hello again. I am thinking about getting a Galco holster for my Glock 19 for CCW. Has anyone tried this combination? I am considering either their Small of Back (SOB) or Concealable models. Does anyone know if the Concealable model ride on the hip (doubt it) or behind the hip? Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong forum!

Had a Concealable for a G21/20. It is a good holster but has quite a bit of cant, almost extreme, compared to the usual 15* FBI cant. If you are willing to spend that amount of $ you'd get more value for the $ from Alessi, Sparks, Kramer, Rusty Sherrick, DelFatti, Tauris, etc. Post if you want links.

Hi I have a Galco SOB holster for my Glock 19. I also have a Galco Silloute belt holster. I like my Galco SOB a lot. With the weight of a Glock 19 and a good belt you forget it's there. It will print if you bend down. It is uncomfortable when sitting for some also. For me it's not a problem. The Silloute is nice it holds the gun high up and slightly canted. Wear a loose shirt and your concealed well. I use Galco holsters exclusively and I;am very happy with them. If it's possiable try the SOB before you buy it. I have a freind at a local shop who lets me try holsters. I would also recomend inside the waistband holsters,also called IWB. These offer very good concealment even of large guns. Side Armor makes very good IWB holsters for Glocks.
They are affordably priced and work great. They have a web site. It's Sidearmor.com I thing. There is a link to it over on Glocktalk.com give them a try. Hope this helps,45automan

I was thinking about the SOB model for a smaller gun like a Glock 26...and their Concealable model for the slightly larger Glock 19. How is the fit and finish on these holsters? They look to be a quality product...?

I (literally) have a box full of holsters, some of which I use! While I enjoy my holsters from various makers (low end and high end), my Galco holsters are my favorite, particularly the Ankle Glove and the Concealable (I also have a Miami Classic).

I have a Concealable (in black, if you were curious) for my Stainless Para-Ord P13.45 (not a light gun), and it is great. Regarding carry in behind or on the hip, I do both. I usually carry behind the hip, but when I sit down, I slide it forward to the side of the hip. Works equally well either way. No need for a thumbsnap, the thing is just so well contoured. I've never tried the SOB, but I can certainly vouch for anything Galco makes.

Back