G98/40 worth a trade?

I'd rather just buy the second Mauser, can't have too many of them, but if you want to trade, go ahead and trade. As long as you're happy the day after....

I have been after a G33/40 for 6 years lol trust me, I'll be able to die happy the next day...i wont be happy im dead though.

I've got a G33/40, shopped around until I found met an old collector willing to part with it. I wanted to get hands on the rifle instead of look at pictures. That limited my options, but I was able to go over every part of the rifle in detail. There are fakes, reproduction parts, and small parts like the sight hood and cleaning rod that are not reproduced....at least not very well. I love mine, but don't let the lust in your heart let you buy a bad one, or you'll pay! Oh, and post pics if you get it!

GregM

Im not sure exactly where i could find G33/40 parts, ive had several offers to trade, but all are lacking the sight hood.

I don't think "almost all matching" bears any significance. Its a P or F issue, not A B C D F; either matching or non-matching, black or white, import or non-import, etc. Usually the bolt is the mismatched piece on these military bolt rifles, kind of like side plates and barrels on lugers, barrels on P38s, firing pins on Nambus, etc. "Mostly matching" is still falls under the mismatched category.

As others have said, be careful trading such hard to find guns. You may regret it later and have trouble replacing it.

Back