G43X

Wheelie_Fan

Hi gang... hope you're all doing well in these fairly bizarre times.

Question....
I usually spend most of my time on the revolver side of the forum, but have recently taken interest in the G43X (Black)

I've yet to have one in-hand, and who knows when that will happen now... That said, I would like to hear from those of you who DO have access to one.

If i did go for a 43X, it would be for carry (and range, of course). As far as i can tell from measurements, etc.. the size seems about right, the capacity is all i can carry here in CT, and it seems to be quite concealable without being TOO small in the hand. While not an overly large person, my mitts are fairly large, so a gun with a tiny grip is not ideal... i'm thinking the 43X grips seem quite workable.

Anyone care to chime in on the Pro's, Con's... Likes and Dislikes? Thanks very much to all and stay well !

I like mine alright. Easy to carry and works well. The recoil does have a little bit of a pop, and I find that the gun really tells on me when I have poor trigger control. All in all it's a good carry gun if it fits what you're going for. The grip feels a little thin to me (I have pretty small hands) but the length of the grip is plenty.

I've been carrying my 43X for about 6 months now. I'm not a Glock guy, so the trigger is on a learning curve and I shoot it about every week. Love the feel of the pistol and it's a dream to carry. The 15 round Shield mags also raise it above other similar guns I tried.

I don't own one but by buddy does and we go shooting quite often. The size and feel is really good. The one knock is the feel of the trigger itself. The stock trigger felt like a cheese grater. The first time out was it as as soon as he got home he ordered and Apex for it. Not for the trigger pull or weight of it just because it actually hurt his finger and I noticed it as well.

I would guess, but I don't know, it's serrated like a G19. The only Glock I own is a G19 and the first thing I did is replace the trigger with one from a G17 with a smooth face.

I lived in CT up until last September. Don't miss it. In TX now so I have since liberated all of my firearms to now have full capacity mags. The G43X is a good option though for 10 round max.

I originally had the G43 but traded it in. But when the G43X was available I bought it with 3 spare magazines. It came with factory front & rear night sights & then had the trigger tweeted. The trigger gave me some problems but I adjusted to it & I'm very glad that I stuck with it.
Down to business. This model was the most difficult, for me, to become accurate. I found that I had to hold this one much firmer than my others. My comfort distance is from 5 yards to 15 yards. I really had to practice my shooting with this one more than anyother revolver/pistol that I've ever owned. It's become my favorite carry for it's capacity & now my accuracy & have no problem shooting 100 rounds at a time. I'd recommend the G43X as a carry.

I bought a 43x as a summer carry gun for when I'm wearing lighter shorts and t-shirts. I bought the all black version with the night sights, and let me tell you that I love that gun. I was torn between the new Hellcat, P365XL and the 43x. The Hellcat was unbearably snappy, the 365XL was too small for my huge hands, but the 43x fit and felt perfect. I threw some aftermarket S15 flush fit mags into it, and it's my favorite Glock. My only complaint at all about it, is that the trigger safety is skinny to match the form fit, and can be a bit painful digging in after a lot of shooting. I overall recommend it though!

Thanks very much for the feedback fellas, I'm looking forward to seeing one in person and with any luck will find a range rental once things open up again.

While i'd like the ability to have access to the larger capacity mags, here in CT that option is definitely off the table.

Thanks again and any additional comments are welcome.

Since the price is the same, don't overlook the Sig P365.

If you use the 12rnd mag or 15rnd mag, you're still in the range of size you are looking at with the G43X and gave up nothing.

Didn't ask, but feature wise, I think it's a better choice. Had the G43 and the P365 at the same time. The Sig trigger is way better.

So to stay on your topic, I didn't find the Glock G43 trigger to be that great? Not bad, but not up to others?

Again, no care in the world what you get. I just think the P365 brings a lot more.

Meh.

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/sig-sauer-p365-vs-glock-g43x

Me and hickok45 put Talon Grips on the smaller Glocks. :rolleyes:

(He always recommends Talon Grips, I tried them and like them a lot)

It makes the small glocks much more comfortable to shoot. I did a 43 and my 27. The 43x is next on my list. It will get some Talons...

Last edited:
I don't have the 43X, I went with the 48. Although I wear a size large glove I find virtually all double stack handguns to be too large in the grip for me to include the Glock 22/23. The 43X/48 grip is ideal for me. It's the gun I've wanted glock to make for the past 25 years. The grip is a bit slippery IMO so I added the Talon grip, a good but not great improvement. I would prefer a grip texture like my 2.0 Shield. Having carried and shot Glocks for the past 25 years the trigger isn't an issue for me. I did change the sights out for the Dawson FO front plain black rear. Helps these older eyes. Good luck with your 43X.

I smoothed out the trigger edges, under-cut a bit on the rear of the trigger guard, and put strips of skateboard tape on the front and backstraps. Very happy.

I like them. It is big enough to get a full grip, thin enough to conceal fairly easily, and shoots pretty well.

Shame you can't access the 15round mags, because that makes a real game changer--a compact carry pistol with service pistol capacity!

I installed a Johnny Glock trigger shoe in my wife’s 43x. Smooth face like my 19 and he trims the safety blade so it sits flush.

I can’t say I noticed anything bad about the 43x trigger. Hers is roughly 5lbs with a nice wall, solid break and an audible reset.

Back