G3 Parts kit worth it or not?

RikWriter

I have an HK91 and I have been tossing around whether or not to buy one of the G3 parts kits they are selling as a supply of spare parts for my gun. But I have never seen the condition of the parts in these kits and I am curious as to whether they are in good enough condition to warrant the $155-300 they are running. Anyone have any experience with them?
Keep in mind I don't want one to build a G3 clone on an American receiver but just as a supply of spare parts in case anything breaks on my 91.

One of our members bought something from Century Arms and reported the magazine was trashed. Remember, these are parts from worn and retired military guns.

Some trigger groups parts (trigger return roller and spring) won't fit into the semi-auto trigger group. The bolt carrier will. Becareful with the used bolt rollers on the bolt head. Headspace is adjusted on the HK via the rollers.

The parts kits from Federal Arms are supposed to come in the condition described. Not great, but honest. InterOrdnance sent me one that was nowhere near the "like new" that was promised.

You might have the trigger group sent to William Trigger Specialties for a set trigger conversion. That should help with the lousy military trigger normally found in HK-91s.

Back