G29, what holster gear is best and comfortable for concealed carry in summer.

• Thread starter Thread starter Beretta9MM
  • Start date Start date
B

Beretta9MM

I have finally got a G29, i am crazy about this weapon. It is just the right size to carry in the summer, and it packs a punch. My question is, what sort of concealed holsters do any of you G29's suggest for comfortable concealed carry.....

any and all opinions and sugestions will be appreciated..

Believe it or not, those cheap Uncle Mike's kinda neoprene-like IWB's make good summertime holsters for Glocks. Real thin, which is good under lightweight summer clothes.

Yeah, those Uncle Mikes thingys are pretty good for the price. Size 15 is the one for the G29. I bought one because I'm cheap and a single holster allows me to carry the 26 or 29 just fine (although the 29 fits a little better), so it was kind of like two holsters for 1/4 the price of one. I've been wearing the 29 in mine for 13 hours today, its perfectly comfortable.

One caution about this holster though. It doesn't retain the pistol very well. If you're an active sort, you will notice some shortcomings. When I run, the 29 feels like it's about to bounce out of the holster, although it never has. If you crawl around on the ground on occasion (or fall), like I do, for no apparent reason, the pistol may fall out of this holster. This actually did happen to me. I don't recall why, exactly, I was horizontal, but I was carrying either the 26 or the 29, and the pistol dropped out of this holster onto the ground. Don't try to go on any carnival rides with this rig.

I bought a Milt Sparks Versa-Max that I like a lot. You can actually tuck your shirt in with this model - so I don't always look like such a slob. I recently bought a Galco Deep Cover for the G29/30. You can also tuck your shirt in with this one, and it also fits the Glock 20, unlike the G29 Milt Sparks holsters. However, the Galco seems like its a little thicker. I prefer the Galco when wearing nicer clothes, as there is only one hook showing, as opposed to two on the Milt Sparks - and people have asked me about my hook(s) before. But I like the M. Sparks with jeans better.

And unlike the Uncle Mike's you KNOW that gun will stay put.

Finally, I have found that sometimes mexican carry works quite well for me, as long as I know I'm not going to be running, and I'm in jeans with my belt pulled snug. Best part about this is that there is no holster bulk. I carry this way at work a lot, and it's the least noticable "holster" there is.

Tom

Back