G22 or G23?

same gun essentially just a little smaller package for the 23. I have shot both and find the 22 to be a little easier on the hands and more accurate but that is because the 23 doesn't fit my hand as well. See what one fits better and that will be the one you will want. Also the 22 is a little harder to conceal but not that much different.

what's the gun going to be used for. if it's for concealed carry then get the G23 but if not the G22's probably better. recoil is a little less on the G22. i prefer the feel of the compact glocks over the full sized but i like my G22 a lot also, especially with a G24C upper on it :)

Like marbars said,

They're the same pistol except for size. Choose the one that fits your needs and your hand best.

FWIW, with the old style frames I preferred the G23, which, to me, is a sweet shooting little powerhouse. The greater size of the G22 seemed unnecessary by comparison, especially for concealed carry, although it's also a fine gun.

But with the new finger groove frames, I have to go with the G22. The finger grooves of the G22 fit my large hand perfectly, while their spacing on the G23 does not fit me at all. YMMV! :)

The Glock 22 fits my hand like a glove. The Glock 23 rubs my pinky in a bad way. The Glock 27 misses my pinky all together. Personally, I'd go with a 22 and a 27 and skip the 23. If the 23 feels right in your hand though, and you only plan on getting one, then the 23 may be for you.

Most Glocksters don't see any accuracy difference between the compact and full-sized models.

But the G23 is much more versatile. A G22 is hard to conceal and sooner or later you will want to carry it.

So if you can only have one, G23.

recoil isn't very different between the 2. however at least i notice that recoil has a lot to do with the round you use in .40 more so than with other calibers. i've shot a friends G23 a lot and i own a G22. the only reason i got the G22 was because i wanted to put a G24C upper on it for me to use in GSSF (Glock Sport Shooting Foundation). i prefer the feel of my G19 over my G22 but not my much. i tend to notice that people with smaller hands like the compact Glocks feel over the full sized but that's not always true.

Get the G22, the recoil is noticeably less than a G23, and the difference in concealment is negligible. I shoot G21's competitively, buy carry either a G19 or G22.

I'm loving my G23.
I personally never really liked how the G22 looked. I have small hands (relatively) and so the G23 fits me like a glove.

I know its only with the older generation G22s but my friend's G22 is brutal with throwing casings back at the shooter. My friend's eyelid got a pretty good burn from having a casing lodge between his eye and glasses. OUCH!

I've never really noticed a significant recoil difference. But then again, I've never liked the G22 enough to shoot more than 10 rounds.

Glocks are good either way though. You're making a good choice. Just don't neglect it (like so many people do) and be surprised when you get a KaBOOM!

Best of luck:)

Back