G21 mag capacity.....9 1/2 rounds

hipwr40

I recently picked up a used G21. It did not show much, if any signs of wear. It came with 2 10 rd mags...the originals I assume. The production date of my G21 is 7/98.

I can get 10 rds. in one of the mags if I try REALLY hard. The other one...well let's say I stopped trying before I threw the damn thing across the room. I let the one mag sit w/ 10 rds. for a week, unloaded it, reloaded it and put it in the gun. Tried to rack the slide and the 10 rds. are in there so tight it will not strip the top one off. Looks like I have 9 rd G21 mags. Any suggestions, or better yet, anybody got some 13 pre bans for sale?

I bought a G21 last summer NIB. Getting 10 rounds into the mags was tough but not impossible. I let them sit for about 2 weeks and now it's a little easier. Never had a prob with the first round not stripping off though. I'd reload them to capicity again and let them sit for a few more weeks. the spring will eventually loosen up some. Everyone who has a G21 complains of this and the cure is as stated.

Yes, I'd like some hi caps also however, I'm not willing to shell out $100 or so to get 3 extra rounds. 10 + 1 rounds of .45ACP is pretty stout! Good Luck!

Jay

Two solutions:
1. send back to Glock they will exchange
2. take a little plastic off legs of followers

I agree with HCKJMN,
They take time to loosen up sometimes. If you leave 9 rounds in the mag you can't fill up...even a day or two might break it in...if not follow G33's advice and send to Glock.

Until the mag springs settle leave the slide back when you load the mag. Then pull it and let it fly. I filed about an 1/8" off the bottom of each follower leg and that helped a bit.

I have let my G21 10 round mags sit for well over a year and neither is any easier to load. One only loads to 9 (my strongest friends can't even get 10 in), and the other loads to 10 at the expense of bloody thumbs! What POS! Great gun, but lousy magazines......

Quantam, I felt pretty darn strong when I got 10 rounds in one of the mags. It's easier to bench 300lbs than to get 10 rds in a 10 rd mag of a fullsize doublestack Glock....kinda crazy.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll let them sit for a while longer than will ship them back to Glock if it doesn't get any easier. Great gun though, love shooting it.

I used to own a G21 and had the same problems. Loading it to full capacity (10 rnds) will do take some effort ( a lot!)and if in case you are able to, you won't be able to rack the slide. I have called Glock several times on this issue and all they can tell me is either send it back to them to fix it or load it to capacity for a couple months. I did the second option but it still did not fix the problem until I sold it a year later. WalterGA who is a senior member on this forum and as well as on GlockTalk had given me good suggestions.

Back