G19 mag question???

WoundChannel

I recently picked up a new 3rd generation G19. I bought a couple of preban mags with it too. The problem is not with the preban mags. Its the new 10 rounders that came with it. About 40% of the time when I slam a fresh loaded mag home, the slide automatically releases and loads the chamber. Has anyone else ever had this problem? What should I do to remedy it? I never had this problem with an older version I used to have. Thanks for your posts.

Actually, I did some more testing and the prebans will do the same thing. Maybe I am inserting the mags too hard?

I just bought a 3rd Gen G19c and my slide does not release automatically. I tried it with the original 10 rounders too....

that's not a problem it's normal. you're probably pointing the muzzle up a little bit as you slam home the mags and you're probably hitting them home pretty hard. this will happen with any glock and also with most other pistols. don't worry about it your glock is in perfect working order, enjoy it!

Q: When the slide is locked back and I slam in a full mag, the slide is released - how can I fix that?
A: There is nothing to fix. When you slam a loaded mag into the gun, the gun is usually at a slight angle with the muzzle up. When you slam in the mag, you cause a slight rearward momentum on the slide and release pressure on the slide stop lever, thus allowing the slide stop lever spring to do its job and return the slide stop lever to the lowered position. If you are still unsure about this - try holding the gun level and steady - jam a loaded mag in now - I'll bet the slide doesn't close now.

Taken from http://www.glockmeister.com/faq.html

Back