G Force 357 Huckleberry

Prof Young

So the LGS had a G Force 357 Huckleberry hanging on the wall, new, for $700. I find myself lusting over it. An internet search yields very little in the way of reviews. It is relatively new as a 2024 model. The Turkish company that makes them is moving beyond the shotguns they are known for.

If you have one or have shot one or can fine real reviews . . . talk to me.

Life is good.

Prof Young

I have no experience with it. As a general rule, I tend to avoid being a beta tester with hundreds of dollars in play. Especially when a manufacturer tries a design they traditionally have little experience with. The Turks can make pretty decent firearms, but they aren't known for lever actions.

I like the stock configuration much better than Rossi's, don't care for the aluminum receiver or finish on the standard Huckleberry. I might could live with the steel frame, case-colored version.

I am curious if the steel locking lugs are riding in channels in the aluminum frame or if there are steel inserts in the frame for them. If the lug channels are aluminum, I would like to measure them front to back, fire a thousand factory 170 grain loads through it, then measure them again, to see if the pounding stretches the slots. And I suppose that would still be possible even with some kind of steel liners. Someone on YouTube definitely needs to try to destroy one of these.

What about a Mossberg 464? Are they overpriced like some of the others?
Not one of those Terminator editions ;)
I have never handled one but they look nice in the pictures.

Back