G 36

glock glockler

Have any of you seen picture of this rifle? It looks ugly as hell but is said to be a work of art when it comes to performence.
A special on the History Channel claimed it to be the rifle of the future and www.hkpro.com said it decimates the M16 in durability. I think I want one for Christmas but the chances of that happening are about the same as Bill Clinton becoming an advocate of celibacy.

Too many banned features...maybe they will come out with a civilian version. Still, it will be expensive, and there will be a shortage of parts...

I wish that HK would contract with some company here state side to build G36 receivers. Then they could ship everything else over, and assemble them in the US. Then they could legally take AR mags. Then we could have a real G36, and not that 10 round, thumbholed thingy. Ok, I really don't dislike thumbholes stocks that much, but a single stack 10 round .223 just seems wrong.

Hey, why not have HK and Springfield Armory team up? (They make a HK91 clone) An American made G36 could take a huge chunk out of the .223 rifle market. Especially if if was priced reasonably. The same could be said for an American made FNC, K2, or Sig 551 also.

I like the way you think Correia!

I don't like the SL8-1 too much. That butthole stock is just too durn uncomfortable. A semi-auto G36 on the other hand....

They'd have to make more than just the receiver in the US. Remember, no more than 10 imported parts.

I'd certainly pay $1200-$1500 for a semi G36 that arrived with the AR magwell (interchangeable, remember...). I doubt that that there is a US company that could convince HK to sell, and the money to buy, a license to produce them domestically.

Back