FYI: Sig P365 XL Grip Modules at OCG October 29th

Mackie244Bud

FYI: Sig P365 XL Grip Modules Are "Out of Stock" @ OCG

For those that are interested Osage County Guns (OCG) will be receiving the P365 XL Grip Modules on Tuesday October 29th.

Link: https://www.osagecountyguns.com/sig-sauer-kit-365xl-grip-mod-blk.html

OCG also has the 12 round XL Floor Plates for your 12 round magazines..they show "Out of Stock" but maybe they will get some of those in too.
In case you need to convert any P365 12 round magazines that you have to the XL Grip.

Link: https://www.osagecountyguns.com/sig-sauer-2700210-r.html

There was a post on another forum that stated you could remove the baseplate on a 12 round magazine..
Keep the large outer shroud off and slide on the small insert for the XL Grip...you would have to sand or grind off the rear and possible other areas so the floor plate will fit into the XL Grip.
Not as pretty as the XL Floor Plates but it will work.

I have also seen posts that state the 12 round magazines purchased from Sig or the Sig Pro Shop have the XL Floor Plate included in the package.
The same way that the 15 round magazines have 2 baseplates in the package for the P365 and the P365 XL.
If you purchase a 12 round magazine from a Sig Vendor they may not have the new packaging with the XL Floor Plate...
So you may want to check with them first.

So there ya go..All the information you need if you wanted to change your P365 Frame into a XL Frame.

Enjoy & Shoot Safe!

Last edited:
I've purchased 12 Rd mags from the Pro Shop a few months back. They didn't have the XL baseplates, whereas the 15 Rd magazines did. You had to purchase the XL 12 Rd floorplate separately, and they did have them. That may change over time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

This was reported last week when a person purchased a 12 round mag from the Sig Pro Shop..
He showed it at check out and even the guys at the Sig Shop did not know that they had them.

It has been mentioned over the last month at SigTalk.com that Sig was going to include the XL Floor Plate in with the 12 round mags..
Same thing Sig did with the 15 round mag..
Makes sense.
Sig was not going to offer a dedicated XL 12 round magazine.

Like the XL Grip Module they are just now showing up.
Another poster said that he purchased a 12 round mag in the last couple of weeks from the Sig website store and it came with the XL Floor Plate.

It would be nice if Sig sent XL Floor Plates to vendors that had placed large orders for the base 12 round mag and they could drop an XL Floor Plate into the package.
I Doubt that they will do that though.
What would keep the vendor from just selling them for $5.00 on their site.

If you just purchased a 12 round magazine without the XL Floor Plate use your receipt and call Sig..maybe they will send you one for each mag you purchased.
Worth a try..

That may change over time.

Sig & Vendors can still keep the XL Floor Plate on their sites for people that already have 12 round mags and want to convert them to the XL.
Now that the XL Grips will be available I'm sure there will be converts that will need the XL Floor Plates for their 12 round magazines.
I purchased 5 XL Floor Plates for my original 12 round mags.

Last edited:
With Sig..Everything changes over time! LOL

Items that Sig previously said through Sig Customer Support or email contact would not exist or is not in the planning..Changes over time..

When the XL came out Sig stated that XL Grips were not planned.
Sig said the same thing early 2018 when the P365 came out.
Sig also stated that there were no Flat Triggers planned for the 365 like there was for the P320..Obviously that changed with time.

Sig stated when the Manual Safety first came out that a Retrofit Manual Safety is not in the planning.
A few months ago through Sig Support contact Sig CS replied in writing that a Manual Safety Retrofit Kit would be available but Sig could not confirm when.

Sig's MO..at first deny everything..then Sig will reverse it's stance and release it at their discretion.
We understand why..Sig would rather you purchase a XL or a Manual Safety Version and not instead wait for for the parts

I'd like a SAS flush Slide Catch, take down lever can stay but if you asked Sig today I'm sure that Sig would say that release of the SAS control Parts is not in the planning.
But like P365 parts eventually you will be able to order them and put them on any P365.

It is what it is..You get used to it..
Then like the XL Grips coming Tuesday..When it finally happens It's an early Sig Christmas!
Give it a week and I'll have a Quasi P365XL!
Gotta Love IT!

Same way when I converted my P320 Compact RX to a P320 X-Compact RX..
Two years later and a new RX..

Last edited:
Thanks.

I want to go the other way. Get an XL and put the standard grip on it. Which would mean new base plates that come with the XL to fit the standard 10 rnd grip.

I want to go the other way.

That's pretty easy to do...
Buy the Grip Module and all the 12 and 10 round magazines that you want.
Since you can't buy the 12 round magazine baseplates you can sell or trade the XL Magazines that came with the XL.
You then have a XL Slide and a Regular P365 frame and magazines.

OCG is already "Out of Stock!"

WOW...that didn't take long.
If you missed round 1 check back.
OCG told me they ordered 3,000 XL Grips.

Of course with 600,000 + P365's out and about..3,000 XL Grips doesn't sound like a lot.

Last edited:
Back