FYI - Cabela's has $50 off all of their Pietta C&B Revolvers

A lot of them are backorder though. They do this every year probably to dump any returns. If you get one, look it over good.

Personally, I'm gonna wait until the Spring sale they have and pick up the 1858 Sheriff. It's too cold to shoot outside now and I don't want to bother with having to drive an hour to return it at the nearest store in this tundra.

I know a lot of people scoff at them, but the pietta 1851 pepperbox is on sale for $170 with free shipping also. Your pietta 1851 and 1861 barrels in .36 cal will fit on that frame. I also have a weird feeling that those pepperbox cylinders will come in handy in the future.

Just curious: why is that in your opinion?
Adapting long barrels to make a .36 magnum carbine.
Boring through and adding rifled inserts for cartridge caliber of choice.
Etc...

The only things I can see the pepperbox doing well is with birdshot loads, cuz the cylinder can hold a lot of them and there's no rifling to spin the shot, and shooting TWO .375 balls from them, again cuz there's room.

Still not interested in it. I'd rather have a reproduction Ethan Allen pepperbox, the original pepperbox.

I was suggesting getting one for parts. I wouldn't want an Ethan Allen pepperbox. The pietta pepperbox I bought is now an 1851 Navy Sheriff in .36 cal. And I'm making plans for that pepperbox cylinder. :cool:

Back