FWIW

elector

A coworker e-mailed this to me. No source was cited, so FWIW:

Can you imagine working at the following company?

It has a little over 500 employees with these statistics:

*29 have been accused of spousal abuse.
*7 have been arrested for fraud.
*19 have been accused of writing bad checks.
*117 have bankrupted at least two businesses.
*3 have been arrested for assault.
*71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit.
*14 have been arrested on drug-related charges.
*8 have been arrested for shoplifting.
*21 are current defendants in lawsuits.
*In 1998 alone, 84 were stopped for drunk driving.

Can you guess which organization this is?

Give up?

It's the 535 members of your United States Congress. The same group that perpetually cranks out hundreds upon hundreds of new laws designed to keep the rest of us in line.

If those stats are anywhere near correct, I would not be surprised. That is what you get when you have a ruling class of "professional" politicians who are so disconnected from reality that they actually believe their fecal matter has no odor; and that goes for both parties. Neither party has really shown me the leadership, integrity, and fidelity to the Constitution I am seeking, and I doubt they ever will.

As much as I hate to say it, fundamental reform, regardless of which party is in power, is a pipe dream. The best we can hope for with this bunch is to delay the inevitable decline into totalitarianism as long as possible.

The real problem isn't political, it's philosophical. Until the idea that each individual has a right to live his own life without interference (as long as they aren't infringing on anyone else's rights), and that no individual has a right to another's property (regardless of need) is believed by a majority of the voters in this country, then there is no real hope that freedom will survive.
DAL

------------------
Reading "Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal," by Ayn Rand, should be required of every politician and in every high school.

Back