Fun Targets

Kvon2

So my father in law is coming up for a visit in a few weeks and he just let me know he bought a bunch of ammo for us to use when we head out to the range.

I typically shoot paper plates with an orange sticker in the center because it's cost efficient but I figured for this trip we can try to find something a little more fun.

We'll be shooting rifle out to 100 yards and pistol out to 30 yards. My range is outdoors and all targets must be biodegradable.

I figured I'll pick up some clay pigeons but had anyone come across any targets they have really enjoyed?

Unfortunately I can't put my own steel targets up so it has to be attached to a plywood backboard.

Appreciate any help!

My buddy brought a stack of these splatter style paper target targets to the range once. It was just a day we took to shoot anything and everything we had in the safes. They were fun.

https://www.birchwoodcasey.com/Targets/Darkotic.aspx

He also had a 3d zombie target that bled when shot but it was ungodly expensive but it was cool while it lasted.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FL1JRQQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_CCbYzb6PQC2FB

Not sure what your definition of cool is but when I need a day away from the "tactical" and "politically correct" shooting drills and scenarios, these fit the bill.

I got a little fancy in my reply. I never even thought about the hundreds of cheap soda cans and juice we've shot over the years. There's something satisfying about hitting one with a fast moving fmj and watching it spray like a sprinkler from the two holes across from each other.

Unfortunately I can't do soda cans or plastic jugs as they are not biodegradable. The splatter targets do look interesting

Fill paper cups with water and freeze them. By the time you get to the range the ice will slide right out of the cup. A little food coloring will make them look really cool and they shatter oh so well...

Tony

Like Rangerrich99 says, melons. The local deer, et al will tidy up for you. Saltine crackers for the pistols. Tree rats etc. will clean that up for you.

Unfortunately I can't do soda cans or plastic jugs as they are not biodegradable.

Bring a Mosin with the trash spike attached for clean up ..... about a dozen exploded milk jugs will fit on the standard 91/30 model, 6 to 8 on an M44's folder....... do not use clear jugs like Simply Orange orange juice comes in- they shatter into a 100 pieces.

Back