Fun morning at the range

jal5

I enjoy all aspects of the sport from casting to reloading to shooting. Last Sat. I had some free time so took the S&W M66 and my CZ82 to the range for some fun. Shot a box of my 38 spl reloads with the Lee 105 gr boolit at 7yds using a paper man silouette target. Very accurate and a lot of fun. Then tried some at the 30 yd gongs- I am getting better at that distance but need a lot more practice! Finished up with a box of my 9x18 reloads with another Lee boolit 93 gr. in the CZ82 again at 7 yds and the man silouette- dead on accurate. It was very gratifying to shoot my reloads and cast boolits in both weapons! A nice way to spend some time in the morning.

Could have stayed longer but my old back has been acting up and I had to call it quits. I have a surgery date coming up so my time at the range will be little to none over the next 6-8 weeks.
Joe

Sounds like a nice day @ the range indeed. Here's hoping for an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery. Don't let those gongs rest too long, they need a good "whack" now and then.

Surgery was very successful, two weeks into the recuperation and I am walking fine and just as important sleeping well!
Spent some time pouring boolits for my 270 Win and may get out tomorrow for some range time. Just what the dr. ordered!

Joe

Joe - glad the surgery went well. I had rotator cuff surgery in May and had to lay off shooting 2 months - bummer. Best to ya !

thanks guys.
The cast boolit rehab could have gone a bit better. Trying to make the Lyman 280473 work well with range scrap/pure lead 70/30 and 2% tin but can't seem to get the weight up to where this Handi rifle likes to shoot around 130 gr. Best I can do is 125 gr GC and lubed and those just don't shoot accurately for me. My next try will be with Re7 and see if a change in powder makes the difference. It is fun therapy though! Joe

Surgery was very successful, two weeks into the recuperation and I am walking fine and just as important sleeping well!
Spent some time pouring boolits for my 270 Win and may get out tomorrow for some range time. Just what the dr. ordered!

Now thats hardcore! congrats on the surgery!

Back