Fulton Armory

'88Scrat

So I decided I'm gonna throw down the money and buy an M1 Carbine from Fulton Armory. Everything I've read online and watched on YouTube suggests they are top of the line if a little on the pricey side.

I've never purchased a firearm online before and frankly don't know how to go about it. I know I need to have it delivered to an FFL and then do the background check from there. Do I need to contact the FFL first? Have it sent to a specific FFL or does it matter?

Like I said, so much I'm unsure of.

Call Fulton Armory and see exactly what their procedure is. When I purchased on-line I had to get the FFL to fax something to the seller. I suspect you can use any FFL you wish, but again check with the seller first to save time. The actually may already have approved FFLs in your area and you may not need to do anything.

Agree with BarryLee. I have always coordinated with the seller and the FFL holder who will be representing you. As was stated, the seller may have a list of FFL holders in your area you can choose from. Then all you have to do is choose from one usually close to you or with the best service cost. Then you just contact the FFL and let him have your contact information and let them know you have the firearm coming to them. If the seller does not have a copy of a FFL holders license in your area, then you can do an internet search for FFL holders in your area and have them fax or mail a copy of their FFL form to the seller.

I had one situation where the seller was not an FFL holder. I had to find an FFL holder in my area who would accept a firearm from a non-FFL holder. They normally have the seller provide a copy of their driver's license.

You pay the seller directly and the firearm is shipped to your FFL holder. Your FFL holder normally accepts the shipment and examines the content and contacts you to come pick it up. You will then examine the firearm and if acceptable complete the background check, pay the FFL for their service and take transfer of the gun.

Just out of curiosity what happens if there is an issue with quality? Granted I have no reason to suspect there would be, but buying a firearm sight unseen still seems odd to me.

Ask the seller all questions you have return policy, FFL, payment policy, and any other questions you have or think of. They should easily answer them.

Back