Fully auto weapon question.

Ram972

Hi board members, I have a question that I could use some help with. I am form the city of Dallas and would like to sell a fully auto UZI. Are there any special requirements that I would have to go through in order to sell this weapon?

Call me skeptical, but IMHO if you went through the necessary hoops to own a full auto weapon legally, you would have a pretty good idea what needs to be done.
Call the BATFE, they will be able to give you the No kidding answer to any of your questions.

I would ask where you got the thing.......If you bought it LEGALY you would know how to sell it.....jmo

Depending on when, where, and who you got it from...is it even transferable?

Gotta love Wikipedia
For civilian possession, all machineguns must have been manufactured and registered with the ATF prior to May 19, 1986 to be transferable between citizens.

Last edited:
it was given to me about 6 months ago, from a family friend that has had it since the 90's, form what he told me. i really do not know if it is transferable. it came with a box and no paper work, again this weapon was given to me.

Do you know what full auto is or are you confusing semi auto with full auto? If it came in a box it is probably a semiauto. Look on the reciever to see what markings are on it. It could be Chinese, Israeli, or US made. It could be a pistol, a rifle, or a short barrel rifle.

If it's a semiauto rifle or pistol the sale would be pretty straightforward with no paperwork. If it is a semiauto short barrel rifle, the sale is a little more complicated if you have the transfer paperwork and are in touch with the family friend.

If it IS full auto, you are looking at prison time for possesing it and the only options are to turn it in to the ATF or stripping it, cutting up the reciever and getting rid of the reciever, then selling the parts as a kit

Last edited:
chack thanks! that is the info i need. the font seems to be Israeli, it has a small switch on the handle. i have not shot the weapon so i really do not know what this switch dose. is there any possibility that this could be a replica ?

Last edited:
Tombstonejim: I just read through some of the steps needed to keep a machine gun, and if I were Ram, I'd strip it and sell the parts, or cut it in half.

If it is a full auto israeli the most likely possibilities are:

1) registered FA gun that was stolen
2) legally imported semi auto that was illegally converted
3) illegally imported gun

Is it an open bolt gun?

Is there an import stamp on it?

Does it have a fixed firing pin?

Does it have a folding stock?

is it 9mm or .380?

I really hope that you have a semiauto gun and not a full auto.

i really do not know anything about this weapon i opened it to see if the trigger was shaved down or to see if it has been tampered with, but nothing. it shoots a 45 apc. i am going to a ranch today to shoot it. if it is a fully auto ill turn it over and explain what happened. the last thing i want to do is break the law.

...Wow...I wish I had friend just "give" me wepons. How do you find friends like this?
If someone gives you an illegal unregistered machine gun, they may not be as much of a "friend" to you as you think. :eek:

oneounceload
carguychris
Guys please read the thread. I really do not know what I have. As I said, if it is illegal ill turn it.

Ram972, as much fun as it might be to get a hold of one, I think we are all hoping that what you have is not what you think it is.

Of course, if it is the closed-bolt blowback semiauto civvie version, by all means, enjoy. By the way, 2011 Standard Catalog of Firearms prices these at $850 NIB

Might not be a bad idea to consult an attorney also, as oneounceload pointed out, who specializes in firearms law - you don't want to be the one holding the bag on that.

That said, have fun;)

How long is the barrel on this gun? Does it stick out from the front just a coupple inches or about 10 inches?

What does the bolt look like? Is it flat on the side or does it have a slot in it?

bolts3.jpg

The selector switch on the side, does it have two positions or three? Safe will be all the way to the back. Fire is one click forward. Full auto (if it has it) is two clicks forward.

images

If you pull the cocking knob to the back does the bolt stay open like in this pic or does it go back shut?

mini_bolt_round.jpg

Back