Full shroud 6" vs Short shroud in GP100

slow

Has anyone noticed an appreciable muzzle flip or perceived recoil with the short shroud 6" GP100 vs. 6" full underlug barrel. Thinking about buying the short underlug...Have only shot full underlug in 4"

I have a 6 inch GP100 with the full underlug and it is a great shooter but I must admit I like the looks and the balance of the short underlug better. (Not enough to trade at this point.) Seems to me, though, that the longer and heavier barrel, even without the full underlug, would be at least as comfortable to shoot as the four inch full lug gun.
Question is, is it as easy to shoot as the six inch full lug? Sooner or later I'm gonna talk myself into another gun.

I guess it's fine line between nicer to fire and nicer to hold. I've got a 6" full underlug, little muzzle heavy, real pleasure to shoot, even with max 357 handloads, but I can't imagine the 6" halflug recoiling appreciably more. I guess it's just whether or not you want the more "traditional" or "modern" looking DA sixgun.

I've fired both

and no there isn't appreciable difference in felt recoil. When making the decision to buy, I rented a short shroud and it was nice, but I preferred the look and balance of the full shroud. Purely personal preference regarding look and feel. They both shoot just fine.

Back