Full picatinny rail for Savage Scout?

Hello, I'm fairly new here and I'm looking to buy a Savage 11 Scout for a good all around rifle that can be used for hunting and recreation once I turn 18. However a potential concern for me is being able to mount a conventional scope on the rifle without interfering with the iron sights.

Are there any potential options for a "full" picatinny rail for a Savage 11 Scout, basically a rail that would extend over the receiver like a conventional mount but not interfere with the peep sights. (A "see through" mount or one that has had the middle portion of the rail removed for continued use even with a scope would be ideal).

Is there any readily available options for this?
Or is it possible to take a "blank" rail with no holes to a gunsmith and have it custom fitted?

(I posted this previously in the "Art of the Rifle: The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action" section earlier today but found this section to be more active)

There probably is BUT IMHO you'll be better served by getting a decent scope and learning to use it correctly. Using "see-thru" rings and such is neither fish nor fowl and is both confusing and counter productive.
If you feel you simply must have both, get some QD rings and be prepared to remove the scope if needed.

see through rings.........

Yeah, saw and commented on your other post. I agree with the former comment, see through rings are not the answer. Popular back in the day when nobody trusted a scope, they continue to persist. The old saw about not being able to find a deer in the scope, but the irons work better doesn't hold water for me. That is a case of too much scope, (x power), unfamiliarity with ones set up, poor fit, (see below) or so much baloney.

Irons require the shooter (the eyes) to manage three images: target, front sight, and rear sight. That is a trick for young eyes, and of course the front sight is the key to hitting. Put a few years on those eyes, and the trick becomes very tricky indeed. A scope only requires managing two images, the target and the reticle. Much simpler, for everybody's eyes.

Too, the Ironsighter see throughs and their breed, put the scope so dang high on the receiver that a proper cheek weld is difficult if not impossible. That doesn't lend itself to good shooting either, and may well be one prime reason why users of such a rig can never find a moving target in their scope, or get on target quickly, period. And the scope stuck so high above the receiver simply puts it in a place where it can pick up more wacks and dings.

Scopes do fail, on occasion, even good ones. I like the idea of back up sights, and quick detach rings or mount system. See throughs....nope.

Back