Full-cap mags really complete a pistol

Mike Kilo Niner

When I was shopping for my first handgun a year ago I clearly recall one saleswoman's advise to consider pistols with readily available pre-ban magazines, like the Beretta 92FS or Sig P228/9. My exact words at the time were:

"I don't think that's a big priority for me. I mean, 10 rounds should be more than enough for anyone, right?" :eek:

I ended up going with a Sig P228, and didn't even notice the large plastic base on the magazines, limiting them to 10rds. Well, having browsed through several boards such as TFL and having read all the angst and gnashing of teeth over the magazine ban, I finally turned my opinion around.

I've been hunting for some factory prebans for a while, and finally got my hands on some. Wow! Who knew? (Well, okay -- most of you guys) I was astounded how the 13rd magazines really felt so much more "right" in the gun. At last, my Sig will be able to live up to the full capabilities designed into it in the first place. Color me impressed: these magazines really complete the pistol in a way that I hadn't previously imagined.

So, if there's anyone out there with "neutered" handguns -- go out there and get the full-capacity magazines your gun was designed for. They're well worth the money!

I have half a dozen 15-rounders for my Ruger P95. The factory 10 round "eunuch" mags gather dust. I think the pistol balances better with a full 15 round mag. Besides, that's 5 "Mozambiques" instead of 3.333.

I agree. I wouldn't even own a Glock if hi-cap werent availible for it...makes for the ultimate 10mm.

Back