Full Auto? That's Ridiculous!

SGW Gunsmith

Why anyone would want to expend 50 rounds of .45 ACP ball ammunition in an extremely short period of time is just beyond comprehension! It's ridiculous, you gotta be absolutely NUTS!

2tkNgypl.jpg

arJhnPel.jpg

I think I got that sucker!

GJcHMR9l.jpg

Nuts is right I spend much more time picking up the brass they leave some times I don't even have a use for it that's really nuts.

At ehe range, waste of ammo, in combat? In the Pacific, after the Marines were issued Thomson's instead of the Johnson that they would load a 50 rounder, carry another in a pouch around their neck . burn up the two 50 rounders on the beach, drop them on the sand, and then go to smaller capacity's magazines which were not nearly as heavy. If you can afford it, and don't mind picking up th brass, I think it would be fun, I shot a Thomson in VN but there weren't any 50 round drums to play with,

I don't own any full auto guns. I don't even cut loose with my semi's anymore.

Long ago,I did.(Cut loose semi-auto) I aim and shoot one round at a time.Amd,ammo IS expensive.

I'm also not dead.Full auto is fun. The fact I'm not doing it or can't afford it does not mean it stopped being fun.

Full auto

I believe that in a military venue it is referred to as "suppressing fire". Outside of that (and for "fun"), it seems to not have much purpose.

I would love to have a Tommy Gun, always loved shooting machine guns in the army. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I've had the opportunity to fire a Tommy Gun and a H&K MP5. Lots of fun for sure, but I'm not going to spend the money on a transferable one, and I don't feel like being on BATF's radar. If the urge really strikes me, I'll go rent one.

I only do it on my birthday,,,
Then I go to a gun store/range that rents them.

Burning 100 rounds through a P-90 was an absolute blast,,,
But it was just over $125.00 for 2 minutes of joy.

Aarond

Are we talking apples an oranges? I am a self defense shooter. For me the value of my AR 15 is with it you can shoot accurately and rapidly. It is not how fast you shoot, it is how accurately you shoot fast. Sometimes more than one shot is not even necessary.

Full auto is for suppression in the military. It may be fun, I don't know but I would like to try once. By all reports it is like holding a fire hose and not very accurate. Military types don't seem to value it too much.

For me, the AR 15 in semi-auto is fast enough. In fact, it is far faster than I can hold on target. Holding it on target while firing is the limiting factor. So if I could hit 28 out of 30 from 50 yards on a torso-sized target going pretty fast, well, that is doing well for me.

Oh, I don't know. I can afford a box (or two!) of ball.

The hard part is finding a Thompson for less than 12x the value of my car.

Over the years,I've been fortunate enough to fire a Browning 1919 A-6,the M-60,the BAR, The M-2 Carbine,the M-16,the Thompson,and the M-3 grease gun.

Every one of them was fun.A lot of fun.

I've also had a lot of fun with a Chipmunk single shot .22 boy's rifle.

Its all good.

Before I would think about coming up with my own full auto weapon to feed?

I'd need at least 150.000 more dollars annual income to get it even near my priority list.

Having enough property for my own range would come first.

I'm not talking about you,but for me,they are luxury toys.

But,heck,a wild hair 200 rounds through a rental?? YOLO,Dude! :D

Back