Full auto license

There is no such thing.
If you as a consumer want to purchase title 2 class 3 items you pay a $200 tax per item. You find a C3 dealer buy your item, fill out the ATF form 4, get the appropriate signatures or enclose a copy of your revocable living trust, send it all in with your $200 check and about 4-6 weeks later your paperwork is returned with the tax stamp you can them go pick up your item from the dealer.
It's really not difficult at all.

Amen on the 'lots of money.' And thats including ammo too. TRANSFERRABLE full-auto firearms can be had for as little as $3000 or so, and since they are a luxury/novelty item you can find people who offload them at a reasonable price in order to pay bills, etc...

The real trick is going to be finding a range to fire them (depending where you live). Not always easy - there arent any rifle caliber ranges within 2 hours of me, perhaps more.

Good luck.

You find a C3 dealer buy your item, fill out the ATF form 4, get the appropriate signatures or enclose a copy of your revocable living trust,

What's the scoop with the living trust?

Does the gubmint get to take back the class III gun when an owner dies? Are you not allowed to will it to an heir? Does it have to be re-registered when changing hands even when willed?

What's the scoop with the living trust?

Does the gubmint get to take back the class III gun when an owner dies? Are you not allowed to will it to an heir? Does it have to be re-registered when changing hands even when willed?

With a revocable living trust, it's actually easier to get the weapons to your heirs. You can list your wife or anyone else you want as a trustee and beneficiary. The best advice I can give is to see an attorney since all states are different when it comes to the requirements of a trust. Most lawyer charge somewhere around $350+- to setup a trust.
I did mine using quicken Willmaker, but only because in my case it was pretty straight forward; 1 wife, 1 kid and 1 life long friend familiar with NFA items and how to properly sell them for the wife and or kid.

Back