full auto in the great lakes state?

bullfrog99

Is michigan a full auto friendly state, I can't seem to get a straight answer from the web so far, and I only get funny looks down at my local sheriffs station. I'm looking to get a Pre'86 recievered AKS-74U, and was wondering if the great lake state will allow me to get one with the standard paperwork(form 4 +$200 I beleive) Some people are telling me I have to be a dealer to own a pre-86 machine gun or a supressor in michigan, can any other michiganders clarify for me please.

Except for dealers and manufactureres, Michigan is a Curio & Relic only state. Silencers are verboten.

Lets take that one step further - Except for dealers, manufacturers, military or LE Agency, full auto AND silencers are illegal, C&R or not.

You can check out the specific wording in the statutes yourself at the Michigan Legislature website. Link to it from michigan.gov

Sorry.

Cc&R MGs are not illegal in MI, if you have a C&R license. I know several people who live in MI and own C&R machineguns, legally.

With the C&R license do you still have to go through endless forms and $200 tax stamp???

Yes. Only difference is you can purchase directly from a class 3 dealer and once approved, have it shipped to you. No need for a local class 3 to do the transfer.

ACP230 -

I tip my hat to you sir, you are correct.

Michigan does have a general ban on autos and silencers, but autos are allowed for a person possessing the appropriate license from the US Treasury Dept. That being said, a C&R license issued by BATF (Treasury Dept) would appear to qualify.

I was not aware of this until I saw your second post and checked it for myself following the link I posted earlier. Thanks for the education.

in class three's i'm assuming curio and relic would be the M2 carbine, ppsh41, sten etc. basically WWII era auto's right?

Back