Full Auto Glock Video Clip

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to have one of those little kits.
DISCLAIMER:
If I had one it would be for a collection only and I promise I would not go out and by a Glock pistol for ASAP modification and use! I promise!
:D

Serious Question:
What are the legalities regarding this product?
There are no resrictions on purchasing this little device.

I would guess that it's a class III device and you'd have to pay the $200 tax stamp. But I'm not a lawyer (I don't even play one on TV) so usual disclaimers apply.

Here's where you can buy one
http://store.scars.com/cgi-bin/WebO.../wo/blO0RpvNqxHe3ZGNPMJ29xNCTY1/2.3.2.7.0.1.0

Here's the pricing (maybe we could all go in and order a bunch of them ;) )
Product Retail Price: $350.00
Price for 2 - 4: $295.00
Price for 5 - 9: $280.00
Price 10 or more: $262.50

I didn't see anything about the legality of it though.

I emailed the one of guys at FSSG and asked him about the legalities... if he responds I'll post what I found out here (I also invited him to post here himself if he felt like it)

I was in contact with the folks at FSSG two or three years ago about one of their conversion units. They only sell them to government agencies at this time. The unit is a Class III conversion device that was manufactured after the 1986 Folker-McClure act was passed so individual sales to non-government entities within the United States (that would be you and I) is not possible.:( :mad: I think I still have the information they sent me around here some place. Very :cool: !

Indeed; unless the conversion kits were domestically manufactured before 1986 or imported before 1968 (unlikely) they are Military/LEO only items.

Tamara's got it. It was Congressman Volker, not Folker (I can't hear either), and his misnamed "Firearm Owners Protection Act" (gee, thanks, NRA).

BTW, stop it with the "Class III" stuff; you're driving around the bend (although it is nice to get out now and again).

George, I would think that at best it is in the same category as the drop in auto sear for the AR. It in itself is a machinegun, with or without the glock you would be commiting a felony.

I have fired the G18 before, at our old range. The Glock rep let me run a few mags through it. I also fired a full auto only G21 a local manufacturer had, it was actually more controlable.

Last week I was able to handel the M84, the Yogo version of the Czech 61, the Scorpion machine pistol in .32. I have to tell you that I am underwhelmed. It would be a neat gun to play with but I would rather have my .45 Springfield for serious work. Didn't have the chance to shoot it but I don't think I am missing much, never was much for machine pistols.

drop-in auto-sear

The drop-in auto-sear for the AR15`s & copies is for sale in Shotgun news, and they say no FFl required. So the drop-in auto-sear is knot a machinegun. There phone nummber is 1-800-254-5360.

John, a DIAS made today is, by law, a machine gun. If it was made before a certain date (1981 I think) it isn't viewed as a machine gun if you don't also have an AR pattern rifle but the burden of proof is on you to prove that is was made before the date. Some think the ad in Shotgun News is part of an entrapment scheme from the ATF. The theory is that if you buy the DIAS you are likely to own illegal guns. I am unconvinced myself but it is a possibility I suppose.

More to the point, the ATF has ruled that the Glock auto connector is a machine gun, with or without the Glock. As such it cannot be transfered to an individual. If an individual has one they are breaking the law. The pre 81 DIAS is protected by a legal loophole that doesn't apply here. That loophole was from a day and time when congress understood they could not pass laws after the fact, the Lautenberg ammendment put an end to that notion.

Again?

Thanks for posting that, asswipe. Now this this thread will be closed too.

I think I speak for most of us when I say, "Take your **** elsewhere".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back