full auto .22lr MP5 SMG?

I'll be brief.....does the above creature exist? I know that German Sport Guns produces a semi auto .22lr MP5 clone and H&K does not have a .22lr gun on their website so can a full auto MP5 chambered in .22lr be had or bought?

What you could do is buy a Transferable MP5 and put a .22 conversion kit into it.

Figure about $15-17K for the MP5 and about $1000-1500 for the Conversion kit.

Beyond that you are out of luck for a full-auto MP5 in .22

I know Firepower! is not in the U.S., but I don't know about Narcoleptic Warrior.

I have not personally handled a GSG5, but I've been told that an HK lower will not fit into it. That means basically you'd have to do some smithing.

Ran into a fellow at the range. I'd seen him before shooting Class 3 AR's. He had an MP arrangement that fired .22's.

His half hour at the range went like burrrrrrrrrp, clear malfunction. Burrrrrrrrrrp, clear malfunction. Repeat, repeat.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific about what he was shooting, but when I asked he just said an MP5 conversion. And indicated it was for economical reasons.

22 conversion for a MP5

Bill Fleming made a 22lr conversion kit for the MP5 back in the 80's. I tried one in the MP5SD I own and it worked well, wish I had bought one.

I know that there is a drop in for the ruger 10/22 for full auto and then you can throw it in whatever stock and sir setup you like. They're one of the cheaper full auto options if I recall

The drop in trigger packs for 10/22s are not at all inexpensive. They cost as much as a non-Colt registered receiver. An AR RR is a much better option.

Back