Full auto .22

tollfree969

I'm looking for a realtively cheap .22 full auto. I just think it would be fun. Also what permits would you have to have for a gun like that. Thanks a lot.

Cheap and full-auto haven't belonged in the same sentence for a LOOONG time.

You could get an American 180 for about $8000, or a M16 with a .22 conversion for around $10000 or an Uzi with a conversion for around $7500 or a Ruger 10/22 trigger pack for $6000.

Last edited:
a couple of other options

Get a Mac10 & Subcal conversion kit (www.subcal.com) - probably under 4G's.

There's also the Ruger AC556 and the Ciener 22 kit ~6.0 - 7.0g's

there are a few transferrable 10/22's out there, but why? when you can do the conversion kit and have much more flexibility...

Full Auto .22

Gee, If I had my druthers, I wouldn't fool with .22 caliber,
I will not fool with an illegal SMG and the paperwork and tax and all the background checks rather marries a person to a legal SMG, you can't loan it, sell, it , give it away, or leave it to your favorite pal.........like you are married to it for life!

I do know a ClassIII person and I love to shoot some of his toys. Firing a Thompson is rather orgasmic but a tad expensive, even with Wolf ammo.

The latest issue of Small Arms Review has a writeup "A Buyers Guide to .22lr Machine Guns" starting on page 62 (August 2005 issue).
Also I read in a couple of issues back of a company that builds an upper for the AR-style lower that resembles an American 180 and uses the 180 drums. The company is Tactical Innovations Inc HCR 85 Box 8024 Boomers Ferry ID 83805 (208)267-1585 www.tacticalinc.com but it doesn't show up on their website that I can find.

American Arms 180 looks like blast...177 rd. drums....
Actually you can get 275 round drums now - - :D

Accessories for the American 180

you can't loan it, sell, it , give it away, or leave it to your favorite pal

Loan it - nope!

Sell it - yup, but it is the same PITA procedure you went through to buy it.

Give it away - yup, but it is the same PITA procedure you went through to buy it.

Leave it to your favorite pal - yup, but it is almost the same PITA procedure you went through to buy it, BUT no $200 tax stamp and you won't be the one waiting for the paperwork to come back. :p

BTW - - Shooting one is one of the most enjoyable things you can do outside of bed. ;)

Back