Full auto 10/22

Coach Z

I've heard that there is a Drop in auto sear type setup for the ruger 10-22. I'm thinking this would be a great setup and heck I can afford to shoot .22 on auto. If anyone has any info on this or has used one I'd appreciate some more info.

Thanks!

It's called a Norell trigger pack. They cost about $10,000. A friend of mine has one. It is one of the most fun fullautos I have ever shot. They run at something like 1200 rpm.

Since the last US legally transferable Norrell trigger pack was made 25-years ago, the price of these units has skyrocketed. Of course, if you're outside the US, it's a different story. John Norrell Arms still lists suppressed 10/22s, and others.

This is the first full auto item I've really found interesting (i have my paperwork at the atf for a Silencerco osprey!:D) Where do you go shopping for nfa gear? There doesn't seem to be much on gunbroker.

I had the opportunity to shoot two full-auto, suppressed 10/22s at the "Silencers Are Legal" shoot in Dallas yesterday courtesy of Huntertown Arms. The remnants of the huge grin they induced are still visible on my face! Blasted Hughes Amendment!!!!

Last edited:
Greetings TennTexan, and welcome aboard.

I'm jealous, I haven't shot any auto since my service days, and you can't have them in CA. They sound like sweet guns. Just out of curiosity, were either of those 10/22s for sale, and for how much?

Zippy,

Many thanks for the warm welcome. The two rifles were indeed sweet shooters. One was integrally suppressed, the other had a traditional screw-on silencer and a side-folding stock. Unfortunately, both were dealer samples and thus verboten for us mere mortals (again, blasted Hughes Amendment! :mad:). Transferable full-auto 10/22s do exist in the wild, though, and as Willie Lowman pointed out above they are around $10,000. I wish I was kidding about that price :(

On a side note, I never knew until yesterday that 10/22 machine guns fire from an open bolt. I felt rather silly trying to chamber a round and being unable to do so until this fact was kindly pointed out to me by the owner.

Back