FTM Bullets ?

ConRich

A friend asked me what I knew about FTM Bullets (Fluid Transfer Monolithic) bullets. I couldn't give him a good answer. Anyone want to take a crack at it ?

TIA,
Rich

Version - what - 10 ? -12? Who knows?
Of the same old, same old..

Light for caliber - higher than usual velocity - aggressive-looking bullet.

They come, they go and apparently since they don't stick around any length of time, they probably aren't all that great.

@ least this one has a catchy name.

One could counter that "Fang Face" was on the catchy side also though ;)

A few different manufacturers make them. I myself have a box of Polycase ARX Inceptor .380 ACP bullets my brother gave me because they wouldn't feed in his pistol.

My personal stance on them is simple, if they're everything they're marketed to be, then why haven't they been adopted by Law Enforcement and especially the Military? I imagine that the Military in particular would be all over them since they supposedly offer all of the benefits of JHPs yet wouldn't violate the Hague Convention's treaty involving the restriction of expanding bullets on the battlefield.

Furthermore, even if they worked as well as they're supposed to, then JHPs could still be better, assuming that it's possible to engineer a bullet that expands in such a way that the petals are aligned the same way as the angled cuts on the non-expanding bullets, thus producing an even larger wound channel.

Overall, they're a cool idea, but I doubt that they actually produce the same dramatic results inside of living tissue as they do inside of Ballistics Gel, otherwise they would have been adopted by the FBI or the Military by now.

Back