Frustrating last match

Kermit

Well, took my USP 9 V7 last Sat for an IDPA match. First off, I had a TON O' FUN.
But, the first stage, I pulled the trigger and the gun went click...:eek: Replaced the mag, finished the stage in almost 30 seconds (almost 2X the time of everyone else in my group!)
Taking off 15 seconds from my time would have put me in the top 1/2 of the days competitors. Instead, I get to re-group, make adjustments to avoid the same situation & look forward to the next match.
Anyone else want to commiserate w/ me? :(

What did you do to cause the malfunction? Did you put an empty mag in the chamber? Not have it fully seated when you racked the slide?

I tanked a stage once because I put one of my old GI 1911 mags in with my regular competition magazines on accident. This particular GI mag was bulged, and could only be removed from the gun by tugging violently on the floorplate with your fingernails. :p It made for quite the speedy (10 second) reload.

Hi Kermit,
Boy can I commiserate. At the Georgia State IDPA championship match I got eaten up with failure to extract problems from my PT-945. I finished 14th out of 17 in SSP - SS but if I could deduct about 30 seconds from my score for clearance I would have done rather well. On the very last stage the SO told me I had a broken ejector and he was correct. The gun's fixed now, or at least the broken parts have been replaced. I got the parts from Taurus yesterday and I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Some severe reliability testing is in my future. Or maybe I'll switch to SSR. Whatever, shooting IDPA is better and cheaper than therapy.

Stay aware,
Stay safe.

Back