Front sights- Ruger Sec. Six

Snakeman

Does anybody know where I can find a front sight with a YELLOW insert for my Security Six?(It has a red insert, but it's faded)
(Mail order?)
Posted it in the Handgun section, but nobody knows.
Thanks Snakeman

------------------

Find a gunsmith to knock out the existing red insert and replace it with a yellow insert. Brownells sells a kit, but it has enough material to do 200+ inserts.

Thanks Daniel: the front sight is held in place by a rolling pin, so I must assume that the entire sight is replaceble???
(No labor involved!)

Snakeman, you can replace the front. I don't know where you will find one with a yellow insert. As Daniel said me and a lot of other smiths install these inserts. I charge $25.00. Some will charge more and some less but that's probably your best option. George

Don't know if it's the same insert, but I picked up a set of inserts for my Redhawk from Brownells a few years ago. The set consisted of white light blue, yellow, red and orange

fal308: The Redhawk, Super Redhawk, and adjustable sight GP100 use a different system than other Ruger revolvers to mount the front sight.

Snakeman , I had to replace one in my Security Six . You have to drill a hole in the new insert to match the one in your ramp . I got my inserts from Ruger , a pack of 4 different ones for around $6 if I remember correctly . Good luck , Mike...

Back