front sight background check

oldschool740

Inactive
So I've been wanting to attend Front Sight and take one of their rifle classes and as I was browsing their website and saw that they do background checks. I have a criminal record.

A zero tolerance dui (under 21 and over but under .08 bac but its still illegal) and a reckless driving charge.

Anyone been rejected from Front Sight or other training schools for having a criminal record?

Unless it prevents you from owning a gun I doubt they will care but hey I don't work there they could be misdemeanor nazis.:D

The obvious thing to do is to call them directly and ask. Why ask here when you could ask the folks who will make the decision.

If DUIs don't discount you from gun ownership or CCW (in Ohio, they don't unless you have enough of them - the 4th is a felony), they probably wouldn't discount you from training.

Do they give you a refund if you are rejected?

If you've passed the NICS in the past and you legally own firearms, I doubt that you will have an issue. Most States don't consider a single DUI a felony but it depends on other circumstances so check with your State and talk to your lawyer if you're worried.

so I got off my lazy a** and called them. As long as I dont have a felony and havent been to prison for anything I'm a-ok. thanks for the input guys!

Back